Questel provides a comprehensive suite of web-based softwares for productivity and collaboration dedicated to intellectual property. Covering the entire innovation lifecycle, from idea to product, Questel’s offerings include:
- Competitive intelligence and technological landscape
- Ideation management and innovation capture
- Invention disclosure and prior-art searching
- Portfolio management and pruning
- Cost management and forecast
- Licensing and monetization
Our comprehensive and unique collection of intellectual property databases can be analyzed, shared and archived.
For each stage of innovation, we offer consulting services as well as online and onsite training.
Established in 1978, Questel is present in more than 30 countries with offices in Paris, London, Bonn, Washington, Sao Paulo, Tokyo and Shanghai. Trusted by more than 3,000 companies worldwide and 100,000 users, its solutions target a large audience across the business developement, R&D, legal, financial and licensing departments.
- Quality and customer service will always remain our first priority.
- Lead our customers to be accurate and productive when facing Intellectual Property challenges.
- Providing the most comprehensive and current databases, and continually innovate to make our services more efficient.
Questel was created in 1978 as a subsidiary of Orange S.A., formerly France Télécom S.A.. In 2001, it spun off from France Telecom and focused exclusively on intellectual property. With premises in Europe, US, and Asia, it has become a worldwide leader through an active acquisition strategy and constant innovations becoming standard in the industry.
ITIP, prosecution cost management & international filing, USA
Intellixir, online IP and scientific analysis, France
Gem360, online IP management, France
IP Research, Prior-Art search services, USA
Raise and Capazanine become minor investors in Questel exiting Syntegra
Avenium, IP Consulting, France
ResearchDisclosure, defensive publication publisher, UK
PatentPilot, online patent alerting service, Germany
2012 Launch service
ExecutiveIP, IP eLearning service
2010 Launch service
Orbit.com, replacing Qpat.com
Specialized Patent Service, Prior-Art search services, USA
ThePatentPeople, Prior-Art search services, USA
Edital, online and offline trademark search service, Belgium
Digipat, File History provider, USA
France Télécom Spin-off
1997 Launch service
Qpat.com, first online patent search service ever developed
1978 France Télécom subsidiary
Télésystèmes, former name of Questel