Citation counts, USPTO rejection details, NPL citations, Standards
Citation data is key information when analyzing a patent family or a patent document. While at Questel we are determined to provide extensive Citation coverage, it has become necessary to create a summary section to help you extract relevant information faster.
This new summary section is displayed at the top of the citation tab.
At a glance, you can now see:
- Total number of citing / cited patent families
- Number of citations where USPTO rejection details are available
- Whether this family has also cited Non-Patent Literature (NPL)
- Whether this family has been cited in Standards (Standard Essential Patents - SEPs)
When citation details are available you can click on the “Details” link to see information on:
- Reason for the citation
- Effected claims
- Final / Non-Final status of the citation
- Full details of the associated correspondence between the applicant and USPTO examiner
See previous communication on this feature.
Learn more about the advanced citation search features here