Get up to speed on the latest in IP Invoice and Cost Management
You are instructing directly or via your local IP law firms foreign associates across the world to file and prosecute patents on your behalf.
Your 5 key challenges:
- Ensuring all fees are transparent and cost effective
- Checking, processing and paying invoices from dozens of IP law firms and providers
- Automating the upload of invoices into your accounting system and IPMS
- Ensuring over the filing, prosecution and grant phases your agents are consistently compliant with your fee schedules and there are no overcharges or duplicates
- Forecasting your costs and benefiting from easy to access reporting tools
NFTs and trademarks, the metaverse and your IP
Blockchain and NFTs have many potential implications for IP rights. Here, we summarize the main IP risks and opportunities for owners of NFTs and trademarks.
China copyright infringement case: China issues first court ruling on NFTs
On 20 April, the Hangzhou Internet Court in East China held a public hearing to resolve a dispute over the copyright infringement of an NFT digital collection listed on a Chinese NFT marketplace, BigVerse. IP lawyer Xuemin Lu explains the implications of the ruling. The artwork at the center of the China copyright infringement dispute… Read More »China copyright infringement case: China issues first court ruling on NFTs
Unified Patent Court – All you need to know about opt-outs
In the 3 month “sunrise” period before the new system starts, most likely at the end of 2022 or beginning of 2023, applicants and patentees can exclude or “opt-out” their in force and expired European patents, their patent applications and Supplementary Protection Certificates from the UPC’s jurisdiction..