500+ data sources : patents, trademarks, science and business data.
Up-to-date and normalized data.
Questel is a leading provider of IP, science and business data.
Intellectual property : we offer over 250 patent, design and trademark authorities in bibliographic form, 45 patent authorities in full text with translations that allow English language searching across the entire database.
Non Patent Literature (NPL) : 50+ scientific document types from 50 000 journals and reviews, clinical trials, grants and business information.
You can also get direct access to Questel’s data repository and functionalities through iOrbit, our powerful API.
125 million publications.
110 patent-issuing authorities.
93 million patents.
63 million patent families.
Patent classification codes: IPC, CPC, ECLA, USPCL and Japanese FI & F-Term.
Proprietary normalized technology domains and sub-domains.
Patent and non-patent citation reports with relevancy indicators.
Normalized technical concepts.
High resolution patent drawings in mosaics.
- Object of the invention
- Advantages and prior art drawbacks
- Independent claims
Flexible record structure:
- By individual patent
- By invention-based patent family
- By extended patent family
Litigations from the USA:
Name of Product
- Counter Claimant
- Counter Defendant
- Law Firm
- Filed on from
- Case closed on from
- Last Update from
Litigations from China, Germany, France (more coming).
155 000 patents declared essential to the following standards: ETSI, IETF, IEEE, IEC, ITU, ISO, OMA, ANSI, ATIS, TIA.
119 000 European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI).
1400 Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).
620 Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
1740 International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
1820 International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
340 International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
660 Open Mobile Alliance (OMA).
260 American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
180 Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS).
70 Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA).
Legal status is available for 60 patent-issuing authorities, 118 trademark registers and 64 design registers.
For patents, most of the information comes from the EPO “Legal Status” database also known as PRS (Patent Register Service) which covers events occurring during the patent cycle and may affect the legal status of published applications or granted patents.
Normalized searchable legal events:
- Alive/Dead state
- Granted/Pending status
- Opposition (in all or specific countries)
- Licensing (in all or specific countries)
- Term Rights Extensions (in all or specific countries)
- Entry into national phase (in all or specific countries)
- No opposition filed (in all or specific countries)
- Designated contracting state
- Payments and renewals
- Expiry date (expected and actual)
Complete indexing (for searching) of:
US register (USPAIR)
- Status for all US applications (pre & post grant)
- SME status
- AIA status
- Office actions (non-final, final, allowances, request for continuations, continued prosecutions, etc.) for granted patents
- Patent Term Adjustment Calculations
- Patent Term Extension Days
FDA’s Orange Book (including Complementary Protection Certificates)
- FDA number
- FDA approved Product Names
- Product owner
- FDA exclusivity dates
US Official Gazette
- Renewal fee details
- Reexamination & IPR details
- Licensing available + contact details
Inter-Partes Reviews (IPR)
Patent Appeal and Appeal Board decisions (PTAB)
235 000 funding rounds listed. (70% of seed funding rounds).
90 000 acquisitions listed.
17 000 business events listed.
600 000 executives, entrepreneurs and investors.
20 000 qualified and categorized business and innovation web sources:
- Economy, business and financial feeds from media web sites.
- Specialized industry and business web sites.
- Research organizations, universities, innovation clusters.
- Corporate web sites, start-ups, incubators web sites.
- New sources added every day.
25 000 new articles every day.
15 million articles.