Unitary Patent: A new gateway to patent protection in Europe
The European patent with unitary effect (Unitary Patent) will provide applicants with a new route to patent protection in Europe when it comes into effect in late 2022/early 2023.
To support patent applicants and their legal advisors, Questel and its IP law firm partners offer a range of dedicated Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court (UPC) opt-out services.
End-to-end support for your Unitary Patent applications
Centralize your Unitary Patent needs with us, or choose a single or package of services
& consulting services
Administrative support for filing European patents with unitary effect
Patent ownership data checks
Filing European patents with unitary effect
Novagraaf legal & consulting services
Unitary Patent landscape analysis
Dedicated Unitary Patent lifecycle services
Our Unitary Patent services are designed to support you at every step.
- Landscape analysis: Identify patents to opt-out of the jurisdiction of the UPC with a patent portfolio analysis.
- Data checks: Check the accuracy of ownership records at the EPO and national PTOs against the data you hold to prepare opt-out declarations.
- Determine opt-out strategy: Update your European patent filing strategy with advice from Novagraaf on opting-out and recommended filing routes for your patent portfolio.
- Benefit from our streamlined UPC opt-out service designed for all portfolio sizes, including bulk opt-outs.
- Monitor the opt-out strategies of your competitors.
- Get lifecycle administrative support for all your Unitary Patent and European patent filings once the UP/UPC goes live, including requesting European patents with unitary effect, translations, and renewals.
Questel does not provide legal services. For patent legal & consulting services, we recommend the services of European IP specialist Novagraaf, part of the Questel group. This service will be provided under a separate agreement between you and Novagraaf.
Get in touch with our Unitary Patent specialists
Find out more about our Unitary Patent services, get answers to your questions, and discover why Questel is the right choice.