Guidance to help you prepare for the forthcoming unitary patent and Unified Patent Court System.
After many twists and turns, the unitary patent and Unified Patent Court (UPC) is finally on the horizon for early 2023. Although the exact date of entry into force is yet to be confirmed, now is the time to start preparing.
In this eBook, we set out the benefits and potential limitations of the forthcoming unitary patent and UPC system, including:
- Current status, including the final hurdles that need to be overcome for the right to come into effect;
- Steps to take now to prepare or adapt your European patent filing strategy;
- Strategies for deciding which patent protection route to choose;
- How to optimize your translation spend and streamline patent renewals; and
- Answers to the most frequently asked questions about this new European patent right.
A new European patent right with unitary effect
Download the eBook to discover:
- The proposed timeline for the unitary patent to enter into force
- The potential risks and opportunities of the unitary patent and UPC
- How to apply for a unitary patent, including translation requirements
- When and how to opt out from the jurisdiction of the UPC
- EPO initiatives to promote early adoption
- How to design the right European patent strategy for your business
For further insight and guidance on the unitary patent, download our eBook ‘Unitary Patent system – opting out from the UPC’, watch our webinar ‘All you need to know about opt-outs‘, or set up a call with one of our unitary patent subject matter experts.